Monday 8 October 2012

Production Log 6

When I first decided who to use as my models for my magazine and chose some ideas of what images to take, I wasn't sure what music genre they would suit best. However after researching representation of music genres and artists, I have learnt the differences between each genre I thought my images may be based on. I have decided that the category my style of photo will fit into best would be the pop rock genre. This is because there are a lot more female artists in this genre than the other two that I looked at. So seeing as both of my models are girls I think this was a good reason to choose this category. Another reason why I chose it was because it isn't as dark and serious as rock and not as bland and simple as indie rock. I want my photos to be edgy and look like its based on rock without being so dismal and heavy. I want the photos to look fun, but not pretty and girly like pop would be. Therefore I like the fact of pop and rock being combined as it merges what I want from each genre together.

No comments:

Post a Comment