Saturday 15 September 2012

Production Log 2

Music magazine analysis:

On friday and over the weekened I have been analysing 3 front covers of music magazines. I really liked this task as it allowed me to learn about how magazines are set out and arranged and what styles and techniques are used to attract an audience. A few things I picked up on were the use of large main photos as background images, colour schemes, titles and subheadings. All of which make the covers attractive, easy to read, and appealing to buy. They easily show that they represent a music theme as the magazines were based on music and use the above to show this.

It has made me start to think of some ideas for my own music front cover page and what type of shots and photographs I could use. The main thing im focussed on trying to start picturing is what genre of music I want to base my image on e.g indie music, rock, pop. Another thing I have started to consider is the layout as most of these magazines have similar layouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment