Wednesday 12 September 2012

Preliminary Task

Preliminary Task: Completed

I've completed my preliminary task. Above is the front cover and contents page of my school magazine for Haydon High School which I decided to call the "Haydon Weekly". My ideas about this magazine were thought about quite quickly due to some time restraints and how little I knew about how to use photoshop. Which is a shame because I think with the ideas I had, if I knew how to produce them using photoshop it would have turned out a lot better. I think i've stuck to the very minimal and basics, especially with my contents page. I'm not too impressed with what my final contents page looked like in the preliminary task as I think it looks unprofessional and a bit scruffy due to my editing and a clash of writing with background. However I think this is something that can only be improved and considering I had never used photoshop before until doing the preliminary task I havn't done too bad.

Despite my unhappiness with my contents page I am quite happy with how my front cover turned out. I didnt want it to be too crammed with information and writing on the front cover as you don't usually see school magazines with  lot of this. So based on this I decided to just mainly focus on a good photograph that kind of speaks for itself about what the main story was about. The style of my magazine was based around the school (as I think it should be for a schools magazine), so I stuck with using the schools main colours (blue and yellow) and incorporated a lot of the schools emblem within the magazine.  



No comments:

Post a Comment